Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: Quaife ATB $895 Retail

  1. #31
    Inactive Member fourbanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2001
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    i'm new in the forced induction world, this might be a stupid question, but what does quaife differentials do to? increase hp?

  2. #32
    Inactive Member fourbanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2001
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    i'm new in the forced induction world, this might be a stupid question, but what does quaife differentials do to? increase hp?

  3. #33
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OK... ye ole faithful friends.
    I have been in contact with Quaife... and I will be in touch with them once more tomorrow. I should be able to match the price on the Groupbuy if everything goes well.
    I will post my findings tomorrow night (Thursday 2-1-01).

    Jim


    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

  4. #34
    Inactive Member redline8k's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2000
    Posts
    216
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hope to hear from someone soon!!!
    thanks guys!!!

  5. #35
    Inactive Member Joe/UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2000
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Uhh, someone over on the ENDYN board cross referenced the Quaife America phone number, and guess what - it is one of the numbers for your old friend AUTOTECH, who bled approx $600 dollars over and above the factory price * from each and every person who bought a Honda LSD from them at THEIR retail price in the past.

    This discount is not before time.

    *this is the factory price, and Autotech will have had to pay shipping and import duty on all units. Factory price ($)will vary,according to the dollar/stirling exchange.


  6. #36
    Inactive Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 1999
    Posts
    463
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just a plug for Jim... Even if you have to pay more, support Jim(JRCivic)... You see, long after the sell, Jim is on the phone or in the shop supporting his customers. The man is hands down, one of, if not the best in customer service in the import world. For myself and others, Jim has gone to great lengths to make sure that we have not only gotten our parts as needed(sometimes in a hurry), but made sure that we have gotten the most out of them...

    also when you get the LSD, make sure the person that installs it knows what he is doing. It has to be shimed correctly or it will fuckitallup.

    [steps down off of soap box]

    ------------------
    1998' 4dr GSR, 8psi JRSC w/hand ported plenum, 320cc injectors, Cartech adj. FMU, Walbro HP fuel pump, TPS trick in the works, valves set to .005i/.006e, MSD BTM, B&M CommandFlo regulator, stock intake w/ITR "cool air" resinator, Greddy sp exhaust, Tokico Illumina 5-ways, ITR springs, Skunkworks 22mm rear swaybar(removed due to mount torn out at present), ES motor mounts and front swaybar bushings, 205/50WR/15 Kumho Supra 712s, KVR Carbon Fibre pads, Super blue dot 4 brake fluid, B&M fuel pressure gauge, Autometer sport comp A/F gauge in dimmer location
    ...


    YLW 00' Type R #00-1011 with "special tuning" and 143db triple air horns

    Honest officer, I had no idea how fast I was going...the speedometer only gos to 150...

    [This message has been edited by Zeus (edited February 01, 2001).]

  7. #37
    Inactive Member redline8k's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2000
    Posts
    216
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    what do you mean "shimed correctly or it will fuckitallup." If I have a trans shop that builds trans for supras install it do you think Im safe, I dont have the equipment for the install otherwise I would try... BUt it should be like putting in the factory one right??


    ------------------
    95 GSR 4-DR Greddy exhaust and header, AEM CaI, Field Vtec controller, Power slots and metal axxis pads.
    Eibach Pro springs, Tokico illuminas, Progress 22mm rear sway bar.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 1999
    Posts
    463
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Not to scare anyone because there are a few different types of LSD's that you "shim to center" if not all. I don't know if the stocker needs shimming... however, the only Quaife warranty refuseals(sp?) I know of, where refused do to "proper shims not used". I think Jim might have done his own... ask him. Larry of Endyn would also know as he doesn't seem to believe in running a Honda without one... I personally have turned down LSD installs due to the scare of not doing one on my own car, much less a customers.

    ------------------
    1998' 4dr GSR, 8psi JRSC w/hand ported plenum, 320cc injectors, Cartech adj. FMU, Walbro HP fuel pump, TPS trick in the works, valves set to .005i/.006e, MSD BTM, B&M CommandFlo regulator, stock intake w/ITR "cool air" resinator, Greddy sp exhaust, Tokico Illumina 5-ways, ITR springs, Skunkworks 22mm rear swaybar(removed due to mount torn out at present), ES motor mounts and front swaybar bushings, 205/50WR/15 Kumho Supra 712s, KVR Carbon Fibre pads, Super blue dot 4 brake fluid, B&M fuel pressure gauge, Autometer sport comp A/F gauge in dimmer location
    ...


    YLW 00' Type R #00-1011 with "special tuning" and 143db triple air horns

    Honest officer, I had no idea how fast I was going...the speedometer only gos to 150...

  9. #39
    Inactive Member sjoback's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 1999
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by redline8k:
    what do you mean "shimed correctly or it will fuckitallup." If I have a trans shop that builds trans for supras install it do you think Im safe, I dont have the equipment for the install otherwise I would try... BUt it should be like putting in the factory one right??


    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    oh man, its not even a big deal to shim those things, gotta be easiest damn job in the world. I installed my KAAZ, just gotta make sure you do it, all you do is use a feeler guage to check clearance between the shim and bearing outer race. It gets more difficult with RWD, but my friend did it on his S2000 (never done it before), I was checking it out and it was not too big a deal.

    now try shimming the mainshaft, that is more of a pita. the differential... piece of cake.

    [This message has been edited by sjoback (edited February 01, 2001).]

  10. #40
    Inactive Member redline8k's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2000
    Posts
    216
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just dont want anything to go wrong with my car. this will be the first in many new parts on my car, and I think its one of the most important... I just cant trust anyone up here, due to the lack/and closeing of performance shops?? thanks

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •